A city young at heart
|Columbus is home to both the #1 zoo and library in America. With fun street names throughout the city, Columbus has an artistic flare. Columbus has a number of outdoor and historical attractions including the Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Nationwide Arena, Wexner Center for the Arts, Ohio Theater, and Lifestyle Communities Pavilion. Home of The Ohio State University and the Buckeyes plus several professional sports teams, Columbus is also a sports oriented city.|
|Average rental cost for a 2-5 bedroom apartment ranges from $275-$500/month. AmeriCorps members typically live in, Ohio State University campus area, Old Towne East, Italian Village/ Weinland Park, German Village, Clintonville, Grandview, Downtown Columbus, Short North, and Merion Village.|
|AmeriCorps members receive a free Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) public transit pass for the year. The buses and rail lines are both very reliable. Less than half of AmeriCorps members have cars or carpool with teammates.|
Useful Columbus Links
Fun Things to Do
- Experience Columbus' Short North and the North Market
- Be entertained in the Arena District
- Check out the fun things to do at Grandview Yard
- COSI has been recognized as the #1 science museum in the US, and is one of the top visitor destinations in the city for families.
- Enjoy this list of cheap and free things to do in Columbus
- Be a kid again and ride bumper cars or drive go-karts at Magic Mountain
- Travel to downtown Columbus to expereince The Scioto Mile
- Take a free tour of the Ohio Statehouse
- Check out the Hollywood Casino - Columbus' Vegas-style casino with unparalleled amenities from fabulous dining to magnificent nightlife.
- See new art exhibits every first Saturday at the Gallery Hop
- Come kick it with the Columbus Crew Soccer Club
- Find the perfect hiking trail throughout the Columbus Metro Park
- Attend an Ohio State Buckeye sporting event
- Explore the historic German Village neighborhood
- Visit the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botannical Gardens
- Enjoy one scoop or two at Graeter’s, Jeni's, or Johnsons Real Ice Cream - some of the best ice cream in town
- Experience The Newport Music Hall - "America's Longest Continually Running Rock Club"
- Stroll through the Columbus Museum of Art or visit the Wexner Center for The Arts
- Find off-the-beaten path things to do in Columbus
- Check out a Columbus Clippers baseball game at Huntington Park
- Enjoy the wildlife at the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
- Take a swim at Zoombezi Bay
- Experience pro hockey with the Columbus Blue Jackets
- Enjoy shopping, dining, galleries and nightlife at the Easton Town Center or Polaris Fashion Place
- Visit Shadowbox Live, the largest resident theatre in company in the US
- Test your appetite at The Thurman Cafe, home of The Thurmanator!
- A list of more cool things to do in Columbus!
View City Sites
These kids thus far are kind and special. They can go anywhere, they just need reminding of that #makebetterhappen
"I just want to read a book. I'm in the mood." When students surprise you! #makebetterhappen
"Mr. Owen! I did all my work in math, today, too!" Music to my ears. #ELATutor #GivingTuesday #MakeBetterHappen